March General Monthly Meeting and the 2014 Calgary Linux Users Group Guild Annual General Meeting
AGM part of meeting to start at 7:00 PM to make it easier for more to make it out in time.
- Meeting Time: meeting: March 6th at 6:05 PM – 8:00 PM
- doors open at 6:00 PM – Room: 426
- Location: U of C down town campus
- 906 – 8th Avenue SW Calgary AB
Topics or questions I would like to bring up or ask at the monthly meeting:
- Can mostly everyone show up? That’s the rest of us, not just the hard line coders. Are we are missing out on the 98 % of potential members?
- What are our motives?
- Should we all be publishers in this digital age?
- What are the best/new ways we can think of to collaborate as a club (LUG)?
- How easy is it for us mortal users to get up to speed on Pelican? How about a review of getting used to using Github?
See You All at the meeting!
We need to decide who is stepping forward as executive.
I hope to see a strong and vibrant club emerge from this AGM, and will support what the membership and new Executive Board decides to do.I will have served two years as president and will be announcing my resignation before the end of March 2014.
In the event that an executive can not be established, the club will be unable to exist. Any remaining club assets would then have to be donated to some appropriate registered charity. See SECTION 13.0: Dissolution, in the CLUG bylaws.http://clug.ca/wordpress/about/bylaws/
Mel Walters – president Calgary Linux users group