Meeting Time: 17:30 to 19:30
Is it easy to see the Club the way we want it?
Personally, I have been reevaluating many things including technology, Linux, Nature Walks, getting grounded and Keeping It Simple. More on this, I find not taking some risk more risky relating to my tech life. (avoiding the big ruts in my roads)
I will do what I will do. The Club… we will see.
Also, what is untenable?
Mailing lists have been too quite, but the meeting is still on (the room was booked towards the beginning of the month).
- added Tuesday Apr 4 — btrfs-progs v 4.8.5
- I am about to do some more tinkering with Butter FS in the next month or two. Would be fun to do a live demo of btrfs raid array if people find this of interest.
- Starting off with the mystery btrfs raid1 three (usb) drives.
- And a way to add one drive and convert to raid10 if it strikes our fancy.
- All with while live and mounted raid.
- raid5/6 btrfs still not ready for production according to btrfs-progs coders.
- Ways to get modern kernel versions
- Possible drive failure modes?
No one has volunteered for a talk yet. The club reboot seems still in progress, so I will be patient.
More updates to follow in the next few days before the meeting.
- Meeting Place: Central Library, Basement Rm 2
- Street address: 616 Macleod Trail S.E.
- Calgary AB T2G 2M2 (refer to map below)