Monthly General Meeting – May 1, 2013
(doors open at 6:00 PM, meeting: 6:05 PM – 8:00 PM)
Location: University of Calgary, downtown campus
906 – 8th Avenue SW
- Relevance of LUG Meetings
- I was asked this question at two meetings recently and its been brought up before.
- My answer was yes, I think it can be!
- Come to the meeting, find out what is important and tell us what is important.
- Multiple forms of media and technology should play some roll in our club, like video presentations. I can see many advantages: like try before you show, reach a larger audience, document for yourself, etc.
- Improve Accuracy of Documentation for Free and Open Source Instruction Guides
- Come up with new ways of coming together and topics that matter to you: Here is just one for instance: TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events (ref to more button) example ….
Cory Doctorow comments on advice to parents about Facebook (is it safe?)
- Kin Wong’s work project and his Linux How To (Video Documentation). Ryan Walters was the camera man
- Kin has done a video talking about his project
- He also plans to bring some video of screen captures to show and tell