[clug-talk] WD Green HDD's with ZFS

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Mon Mar 26 11:08:13 PDT 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe FUSE is a viable option in
multi-user settings.  I was looking at using sshfs to provide a network
share until I read that Fuse does not support file locking properly and
therefore could encounter problems when a file is being written to from
multiple sources (like say, two network users).  Of course, I don't have
the web page handy where I found this either... sorry.  The same
document recommended using CIFS or NFS instead.  That may be old info
though, so do your homework regarding FUSE if you are looking at it.

Shawn