[clug-talk] SAMBA issue

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Mon Mar 19 19:42:20 PDT 2012

Think I found the issue.  It looks like Samba by default will
synchronize the SMB passwords with the Unix passwords.  I'm working now
to verify this, but if so it seems that uninstalling libpam-smbpass AND
setting "unix password sync = No " in your smb.conf file should resolve
this issue.

I'll let you know if the problem persists after doing this.

Shawn