[clug-talk] OT - Request: Bar Code & Mag Stripe Scanner

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Mon Mar 5 01:14:24 PST 2012

Not sure if it is quite what you want, but you can scan barcodes with a
smart phone.  The scanner I'm using will even try to lookup the numbers
to give you more detail.  (just to make sure I wasn't mistaken, I
scanned a book on the table beside me - the barcode was scanned, the
title of the book was correctly identified, and a link is provided to
where I can buy it.  QR Codes work too.

You might be able to find a way to use this with your get up.  If not,
MemEx sells new barcode scanners, but they are a little pricey.