[clug-talk] OT: Open source supporters...

Royce Souther osgnuru at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 13:00:21 PST 2011

Biochar traps phosphorous and prevents it from leaching into our water
supply. It provides what the pants need so millions of letres of chemical
fertilizers do not need to be constantly dumped on the ground thus stopping
the waste.

It is good that you are playing the devils advocate. I am sure there are
hundreds of millions of people out there that think big problems cannot
possibly be solved by simple, free, practical solutions. In fact most people
in North America still to this day think that Linux must not be very good,
because it is free and what ever Microsoft says must be true because they
have all the money right. Just as many of us Linux and open source supported
have faced challenge from people that still hold on to the idea that
Microsoft is the one true god, some people may thing that it is a good thing
Monsanto is poisoning the ground with chemicals and extracting huge profits
from farmers that want to grow food by forcing them to use their patented
genetically modified seed that they designed to be immune to the poisons
that their company made. At least when Symantic comes out with an anti-virus
two days before anyone in the world finds out about a zero day exposit, they
have the shame to lie to us and tell everyone that they found the security
hole before the virus writers did, no Symantic did not write the virus they
just have smart people working for them. Monsanto just contaminates the land
and then says to the farmer "F**K YOU! Your going to pay us everything we
want or our lawyers will take everything you have." Some people are telling
me that after Monsanto contaminates the farmers crop they jack the price of
seed up 5000%. Some farmers have committed suicide over this. It would have
been this way for us open source supporters if SCO had won their fraudulent
legal battle to steal the rights to the Linux source code.

Watch the movie "Food Inc."

I couldn't find a clip on YouTube but you should watch the entire movie, it
is scary what these big companies are doing.

Easy, fast GUI development.
http://PerlQt.wikidot.com