[clug-talk] usenet provider

Mark Carlson carlsonmark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 09:42:52 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Dafydd Crosby <dtcrsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't even /know/ Telus had Usenet. Moving to Shaw Monday, though -
> I'll let you know how well that works.
>
> -David

I'm on Shaw and have not used their Usenet server in years.  I did use
Shaw exclusively for text for a few years, but I found their binary
groups and to a lesser extent text-only groups missing articles /
posts.

Also, the retention sucked.  Something along the lines of 2 days for
binaries and 2 weeks (3?) for text.  Things may have changed, but
since I have Giganews now, I'm not going back to check.

-Mark C.