[clug-talk] Online Privacy

Dafydd Crosby dcrosby at userful.com
Fri Jun 19 15:51:55 PDT 2009

Physical steganography not so much -
http://elonka.com/kryptos/mirrors/daw/steinarticle.html
The beauty of physical steganography is that the encodings can be made
where physical space becomes the issue (think Indiana Jones and the
Raiders of the Lost Ark - the rod needed to find the Well of Lost Souls
points out the spot on a innocuous model of the city). Essentially, make
it so that there is a cultural/physical/temporal context, and the
digital tools to break it become moot.

My favorite quote is at the very bottom:

"When confronted with a puzzle or problem, we sometimes can lose sight
of the fact that we have issued a challenge to ourselves, not to our
tools. And before we automatically reach for our computers, we sometimes
need to remember that we already possess the most essential and powerful
problem-solving tool within our own minds."

-Dafydd