[clug-talk] Semi-OT: AppleScript Editor

Gustin Johnson gustin at echostar.ca
Tue Apr 28 23:11:45 PDT 2009

TekBudda wrote:
> ramasa at sympatico.ca wrote:
>> try applescript.vim
>> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1736
> I am thinking that might be over the heads of the intended
> audience....and I am sorry I should have clarified this in the original
> post.
> We use an AppleScript to automatically configure wifi for Mac computers
> that we are installing.  Currently the only way we can edit the
> applescripts is to go on to a mac machine & edit the 2 lines of the file.
> The problem is, is that most poeple have WIndows & I am not sure of the
> technical levels for most of them.  If we could find something
There is a version of gvim for windows as well.

You may also want to have a look at Notepad++
It is Windows only but it is open source.  This is one of the very few
programs that I use wine for (when doing windows scripting).

straightforawrd & simple it would be ideal.  But this is definately
> closer I think.  I will have to try one of the files & see if it works.
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)