[clug-talk] Google Analytics is very cool web site tracking tool

Dana Harding dharding at nucleus.com
Mon Apr 27 12:58:08 PDT 2009

So - you recommend that people disable javascript by default.
But then, the first time any of those people visit any of YOUR sites - they
get a big (annoying) div stating that they need it enabled?

Can I suggest not doing this,  unless your site contains content that NEEDS
javascript to function?
IMHO, fancy menus do not qualify as needing javascript.    I'm happy if
presented with a text-only sitemap as an alternative to a javascript-driven
menu system, and a note stating that it looks better with javascript
enabled.

NoScript, and a hosts file redirecting common ad/malware sites to 127.0.0.1
have served me well.