[clug-talk] Program for taking notes in class ?

Chris Lusena grey_0x1a at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 07:55:38 PDT 2009

As someone who went to school for too many years, I though I would share my thoughts on the subject:

1. In class it is likely nothing is faster than paper, speed of note taking is key, because the less time you spend writing the notes the more time you are speeding understanding what is going on. I do no think you
can best paper with a watcom table or even a tablet computer.

2. Most students gain benefits from rewriting there notes out neatly,
it a science class I would suggest rewriting the whole thing in LaTeX after
the fact. I was also the guy who LaTeX all his homework, it a great tool for academia, automatic bibliography generation, index, all the math symbols you want, etc. Plus even today it is the tool that some prof use for their work so your are getting past "this is student work" filter.
Unfortunately I doubt one can LaTeX notes in real time. (I could never)

3. Bring recording equipment to class might freak out your prof, ask permission first.