[clug-talk] Program for taking notes in class ?

Mark Carlson carlsonmark at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:22:40 PDT 2009

On 4/22/09, Peter Pankonin <r4nd0m1z at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about a digital audio recorder to record the lecture...and a
>  digital camera to photograph the board/diagrams?

None of my profs allowed this.  Even if they did, imagine listening to
your prof's lecture _twice_ just to find the 20 second explanation of
something you missed while trying to find some new symbol in your note
taking software.

Again... it's school, so try it out yourself.  Just don't waste so
much time on it that your grades slip as a result.  It's one thing to
lose a few % on an exam because you weren't paying attention in a few
classes.  It's another thing altogether when your D slips to an F
because you started bringing a laptop to class (this happened to at
least two friends of mine, but of course bringing a computer to class
wasn't their biggest problem.)

-Mark C.