[clug-talk] QUESTION RE; KONTACT

ILYA Khlopotov ilya.khlopotov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:07:35 PDT 2009

Hello

> Im wondering if there is a easy way that I can have the same contact
> list on both the desktop and the eeepc.
I don't know what kind of calendar is installed in case of eeepc but I
suppose evolution. In case of evolution
you can try to use multisync that's easier way.

But you can also do it manually via rsync (you can automate it with
script in cron or anacron).
rsync -auz ~/.evolution/   eeepc:~/.evolution/
rsync -auz ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/    eeepc:~/.gconf/apps/evolution/
rsync -auz ~/.gnome2_private/Evolution    eeepc:~/.gconf/apps/evolution/

This will copy email+contacts+calendar from desktop to eeepc. You can
do bidirectional synchronization by running next commands after
commands that were mentioned before.
rsync -auz eeepc:~/.evolution/   ~/.evolution/
rsync -auz eeepc:~/.gconf/apps/evolution/   ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/
rsync -auz eeepc:~/.gnome2_private/Evolution    ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/

Notes: usually you need to sync all directories only once than you can
sync only ~/.evolution/ but if you will change settings you must
resync all 3 directories again.

Best regards,
ILYA