[clug-talk] arrrgggghhhh - IOMEGA NAS

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Wed Apr 22 09:54:40 PDT 2009

Excuse me whilst I vent.

So my USB/NETWORK drive magically 'chunks' large files into 4GByte chunks
when large files are transfered via the NAS interface, as the embedded
Linux firmware _only_ supports the VFAT filesystem on disk.

Which means that I can't access the 13GByte files I put on it last night
(via network) at work via the USB port....MAJOR FAIL!

quote from the support dialog:
--
simon wood: Does the NAS firmware cope with other filesystems (such as EXT2)?
[10:02:58 AM]

I guess they won't be getting any more of my money.
Simon.