[clug-talk] What Open Source project are you working on?

Kyle Newton kdnewton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:46:06 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Dafydd Crosby <***@***.***> wrote:

> To pander to TekBudda's request, how about some show and tell. What OSS
> projects are you working on?
>
> For me,
> Exaile (exaile.org) and Foomatic (
> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/Foomatic)
>
> -Dafydd

These don't fit the bill of OSS as "Open Source SOFTWARE" per se, but I do
work on a couple open source projects. I've been given the title of "project
lead" and maintainer of the *WarCrabs!* "open source" table-top game (
http://wiki.n3wt0n.com/TheLab/Warcrabs) and (
http://warcrabs.wikia.com/wiki/Warcrabs!<http://warcrabs.wikia.com/wiki/Warcrabs%21>
).

Also, along the lines of no-programming-required, I'm assisting with the
direction of the TorrentBoy universe (http://torrentboy.1889.ca/) which is
an "Open Source franchise". Again, it doesn't really fit the description of
open source, so much as "creative commons licensed". They do, however,
satisfy my ego.

-Kyle