[clug-talk] Characters sometimes replaced with Japanese Characters

bogi khangyi at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 5 18:10:35 PDT 2009

Hi,
I think i may have to do with the way firefox defaults to certain character
encoding .. I  the menu: View/Character encoding ... mine is set to Unicode,
and there is auto detect options too. But what tends to cause this type of
display error is the use of a font that is not Unicode (utf-8) as a Unicode
font ... if changing the default encoding does not improve on the situation,
you might want to look into the more general Edit / Preferences / Default
font and select a different font as a default font and see if that helps.
Note that the font you select should be a Unicode font, since these guys tend
to have most of the encoding in them, as opposed to say a Western or in your
case a Japanese Kanji font.
cheers
Szemir

Check in firefox, and see