[clug-talk] Characters sometimes replaced with Japanese Characters

Omnistegan omnistegan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 16:56:16 PDT 2009

Hey guys, even as I'm typing this, some of the characters on my screen
are being replaced by Katakana. (Thats one of the Japanese
syllabaries). I do have Japanese fonts and input enabled on my
computer (Through SCIM), but this has happened to me on x86, x64, on
my laptop and my computer.

This happens most often in firefox, but sometimes in other programs.
It seems to depend on the font. (I think)

Here are a couple screen-shots to give you a better idea. Thanks in
advance for any help.

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotsiftedvideosv.png
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotubuntuforumsp.png