[clug-talk] Video Chat?

John Greep john at johngreep.com
Sat Apr 4 19:41:54 PDT 2009

Linux is leaps and bounds from where it started.  My first real experiences
with Linux were with early Red Hat and Slackware.  I remember doing installs
from a couple dozen floppies.  User friendly was trumped by stability and
performance.  We're beyond that now.  Ubuntu has done an amazing job of
bringing Linux to the masses.  I agree that we're progressing and there's no
reason it will stop.   Alan Cooper's observations go beyond Linux and
encompass all software.  It's just that when we can influence usability for
the better, we should do all we can not to alienate users that are "not that
technical."

John

John Greep
http://www.johngreep.com