[clug-talk] Best wirelss aircard for Ubuntu/Kubuntu?

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Wed Nov 26 17:25:54 PST 2008

To add another perspective on this.... we have been using a normal
cellphone with Bluetooth through the DUN profile with good results.

Argued with Telus and convinced them to sell us unlimited data for $65/m
(as they did in Saskatchewan at the time).

Used PPPD to bring up the link and away we went. Required no extra hardware
or commitment (in fact we cancelled over the summer when we got broadband
at home but I would obviously recommend the deal...).

Cheers,
Simon.