[clug-talk] Offsite Backup Solutions - What are you doing?
dave at abacustechnologies.ca
Wed Jun 27 09:15:15 PDT 2007
I've just started looking at various offsite backup solutions for a couple
of clients and have been surprised at the pricing offered by some providers.
One provider quoted me $3900.00 to store 15GB of data initially with all the
backups and services I'd like.
Basically, I have 2 clients in particular that would like to have the
1. store data off site
2. incremental backup nightly
3. ability to search/recover previous versions of a specific file
4. data recovery tool should be relatively simple
5. cost effective
My questions are:
1. What solution are you using presently?
2. What led you to chose that solution?
3. Is your solution a commercial vendor or one you host yourself?
4. What are the costs involved?
a. initial setup
b. monthly charges
c. "incident" fees ie: I need help finding x.
5. Is there an OSS solution that is reliable, robust and easily administered
by the end user?
6. Any other comments/suggestions?
For those of you that would like to remain anonymous you can always email me
directly if you like. I'll compile the results and post them to the list in
a generic format with all the identifiers removed if there is a desire for
such a compilation.
More information about the clug-talk