[clug-talk] Printer / Scanner recommendations

John Clarke clarkej at cuug.ab.ca
Sat Jun 16 10:38:08 PDT 2007

Shawn,

Awhile back I replaced an ancient hp 3 printer with a trim Lexmark e250dn:

- mono duplex printing + ethernet network interface for 250 $
- purchased from UofC Microstore; open just m-f 9-5 or so, I thought
they sell only to students+staff, but sell to public all but 'academic'
software
- Lexmark has drivers for most Linux distros (deb, rpm, etc)
- install includes command line + gui app to config and access print
queue, printer settings, etc.
- copious documentation (web, pdf)

hth

John Clarke