[clug-talk] Did shaw shut down external ports?

Mark Carlson carlsonmark at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:04:11 PDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Robert Campbell <calguy1000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have had to re-subscribe to this list using my gmail account so that I could
> ask this question..... Has shaw shut down access to internal ports (or is it
> just me?).
>
> I haven't rebooted my firewall (yet), but email is bouncing and I can't ssh
> into my server from an external host.
>
> So, is it just me, or is everybody experiencing this process?

I was just able to log in to my home machine via SSH on port 22.

Web site is running fine on port 80 (http://mcarlson.ca)

I was able to send my cron email last night, so outgoing mail is fine
(I don't have incoming mail set up)

Rebooting (or at least checking) your router should take place before
mailing the list ;-)

-Mark