[clug-talk] Embedded Linux Talk

Mark Carlson carlsonmark at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 09:54:37 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm going to be doing a talk on embedded Linux in the fall.  I would
like to get a feel for what people are expecting to see.  The field is
very wide, covering cell phones, gaming devices, industrial
controllers, commercial POS, routers, personal NAS, and so on.

The only embedded Linux hardware I have is my GP2X, which could make
for a decent presentation.  Does anybody else have hardware they could
bring and show off?  Maybe stuff that is already running Linux or
maybe stuff that they haven't got around to get running Linux (is that
SBC you bought off of eBay still sitting on the shelf?)  I could help
get it on the device if it would make for a decent display.  I'm
thinking that a device with some digital or analog I/O and a network
interface would make a (easy and) cool project (web based data
acquisition and control.)  I currently don't personally have such
hardware, but I think some of you might.  If not, I'll just go and buy
a gumstix or something...

2) Do you have any hardware?

-Mark