[clug-talk] InstallFest - changing the face of CLUG (long post)

Kin Wong kwong at csa-pdk.com
Thu Dec 6 12:37:16 PST 2007

At the University, there is no issues as there are many vendors at MacHall.  At SAIT there is an issue with an existing contract with a supplier -- I am sure that we can bypass that but it would not be good for relations.  At Devry, I don't see any issues as they do not have extensive food services on campus.  I don't know about MRC at all.

Whether we are able to have food and drinks in the room would also be another issue, but if it is a room without workstations and we leave it clean, I don't see a problem.  You are right, clarifying our ability to do to procure food services is always a good thing.

I wouldn't say that nubes ask the dumbest questions, just that they are more sequential and detailed.  If you miss one step things are not going to work.  When I did software documentation, I would give it to the most technophobe in the company and get them to go through the instructions and that way I know clients are going to be happy with the results.  For those of us that jump to command line at the snap of the fingers, we do take a lot of things for granted.  It generally takes me at least 3 trials before I am likely to remember something and not to have to look it up.

Kin,

It sounds good to me.  I would come to try to get the record as the nube with the best attendence and the dumbest questions.

On the logistic side,  a provided lunch sounds attractive but might be hard to get permission for and to supply.  Maybe free coffee & donuts would be eaaier to do.

Robin