[clug-talk] December Meeting

Kin Wong kwong at csa-pdk.com
Sat Dec 1 13:55:06 PST 2007

I was hoping that our executives were going to announce the speaker for December last Wed giving you at least a week to book it into your calendar, but due to circumstances our speaker will not be able to make it.  So rather than asking for volunteers to do a talk on short notice seeing that the season is upon us and time is becoming an even more rare commodity, a presentation has been cobbled together that is both timely and relevant and I hope that you will enjoy it.

On the plus side, there has been a lot of talk about the new ASUS EEE PC amd a recent post on a really small computer.  There isn't anything much smaller than DSL - Damn Small Linux.  To make it more interesting, we are going to talk about Edna (a music server) running under DSL.

To celebrate the season, I have a number of large Ipods (excuse the trademark infringement) to give away.  (That is a number of Large music servers and not a large number of Ipods.)

Here are the details http://www.clug.ca/node/552.