[clug-talk] Challenge for IF1006

Hendrik Schaink hschaink at infovisi.com
Thu Oct 26 08:53:36 PDT 2006

IIRC, e-machines have a lousy, incompatible BIOS so I would start with
Knoppix in text mode, like this:

# knoppix 2 pci=bios acpi=off

Failing that I would suggest Knoppix in failsafe mode:

# knoppix 2 failsafe

HTH,

Hendrik Schaink

--
Hendrik M. Schaink
Chief Consultant

"Integrated Business Solutions & Dependable Service"

InfoVision Consulting
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Phone: (403) 239-0099

"The Vision: We are the partners of choice for companies and
organizations that share our commitment to creating a world
that is truly wise, courageous, prosperous, innovative,
inclusive, sustainable and humane."     --Ruben Nelson

GPG Fingerprint: 1371 0927 8C3C 831F A838 C312 68BC F5DB 010D F3D7