[clug-talk] paths to printcap file

Michael Walters waltersm at telusplanet.net
Wed May 31 22:55:48 PDT 2006

Hello Gustin,

I looked at my printers.conf file and printers.conf.o and here is what I
found:

For printers.conf

#Printer configuration CUPS v1.1.23
#Writen by cupsd on Wednesday May 31 07:14:12 2006
<DefaultPrinter Canon BJ200e>
Info CANON BJ-200
Location
DeviceURI parallel:/dev/lp0
State Stopped
StateMessage
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
Klimit 0
<printer>

For Printers.config.o

#Printer configuration file for CUPS v 1.1.23
#Written by cupsd on May 29 22:56:44 2006
<DefaultPrinter Canon BJ-200e>
Info CANON BJ-200
Location
DeviceURI parallel:/dev/lp0
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
<printer>

I also had a look at "cups.conf" which had 819 lines most of which are
comments.

Among the lines which were not commented out were the following:

ServerCertificate /etc/cups/ssl/server.crt

which did not match the comment exactly.

I also noticed a comparison which seemed strange
#ImplicitClasses off
ImplicitClasses on

I did not have time to look at all 819 lines closely.

I hope this helps.

Michael Walters