[clug-talk] thttpd

jacob@keystreams.com jacob at keystreams.com
Wed May 31 18:55:06 PDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about thttpd that I hope someone can answer. I have
thttpd installed and running on port 81. I can browse the web root
directory and view files from it but I cannot browse the contents of any
subdirectories or view any files in them. Browsing subdirectories shows
the basic thttpd page and shows a 200 (good) in log files. Trying to
access a file directly in a subdirectory produces a 404.

Is this by design? I've tried running thttpd with and with chroot/dir and
nochroot/datadir in the config file but no difference. I've tried all
sorts of permission settings on the files/directories but no change.

Thanks,
Jacob