[clug-talk] freedom toaster

bogi khangyi at shaw.ca
Wed May 31 15:15:27 PDT 2006

Well, the idea is something fairly contemporary, maybe with sata for hdd and
ata for the burners, a bit of ram , 256 megs would do, and an 800-1 gig CPU,
now that is not so important , and 800 MHz CPU, say p3 would deal with the
burning no problem, the sata hdd (2 of them) would have to be stripped for
extra speed. the 2 DVD burners would sit in separate ide interfaces, and if
we need to add more burners, we would add another ide interface card. IO
speed and a bit of hdd capacity are the key here. CPU is not the main factor.
Cheers
Szemir