[clug-talk] automating password changes

klinej@telus.net klinej at telus.net
Wed May 31 12:20:56 PDT 2006

Quoting Mitchell Brown <mbgb14 at gmail.com>:

> Definetly - well how about just the local unix passwords for my user and
> root on different boxes? Can that be done?

First of all, in order to change the passwords in all those different places
(many of which are web based) you are probably looking for something like
applescript which will allow you to create a macro in your gui environment, and
then create variables such as passwords in the script. I'm not sure if there is
anything of that nature for Linux. If you're looking to change the passwords for
all your Linux boxes, you should probably look at setting up an ldap server to
authenticate you across the network.

Jesse