[clug-talk] UPS

Mitchell Brown mbgb14 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 09:57:04 PDT 2006

Sorry for the late reply (been so busy)...
Now I notice on bootup that its complaining of the UPS being configured
wrongly or something ( I don't know how to fix that ) .. Oh, and that
command you gave me did this.

login as: mbrown
> mbrown at skyserv's password:
> Last login: Wed May 31 10:52:40 2006 from mbrown.localdomain
> [mbrown at brown2 ~]$ su
> Password:
> [root at brown2 mbrown]# /etc/init.d/apcupsd start
> Starting UPS monitoring:                                        [  OK  ]
> apcupsd FATAL ERROR in linux-usb.c at line 686
> Cannot open UPS device:
> [root at brown2 mbrown]#

Ugh.

On 5/12/06, Shawn <sgrover at open2space.com> wrote:

> On Friday 12 May 2006 22:35, Mitchell Brown wrote:
> > [root at localhost mbrown]# apcaccess
> > FATAL ERROR in apcaccess.c at line 278
> > tcp_open: cannot connect to server localhost on port 3551.
> > ERR=Connection refused
> > [root at localhost mbrown]# apcupsd
> > apcupsd FATAL ERROR in linux-usb.c at line 686
> > Cannot open UPS device:
> > [root at localhost mbrown]#
>
> make sure the service is started first.
>
> /etc/init.d/apcupsd start

pub 1024D/9091C422 02/05/2006 Mitchell Brown <mbgb14 at gmail.com>
    Primary key fingerprint:  812B 94BC EA0D 345A CC1C 2ED9 F7F6 5CCF 9091
C422