[clug-talk] Postix Only Listening on Localhost

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Wed May 31 08:42:08 PDT 2006

This should be a no-brainer. I've Googled the hell out of it and
tried a bajillion things, but no go. KMail can't connect to my
(Kolab) postfix. A netstat -tpl (thanks Aaron!) shows

tcp 0 0 localhost:smtp *:* LISTEN 1 3150/sendmail: MTA

I take this to mean that postfix will only accept localhost
connections. Telnetting to localhost 25 from the box works, but
telnetting from outside to port 25 fails with a "connection
refused" which seems to bear this theory out.

I can't help but feel this is so lame, but I can't suss it. Can
someone tell me where to tell postix to accept connections from
the outside world?

Thanks!

---
-=: www.jonwatson.ca