[clug-talk] KMail Hangs in IMAP Inbox

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Tue May 30 20:46:29 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 21:09, Jon wrote:
> Not a Kolab question - pretty cool, huh?
>
> I remember now why I stopped using KMail. It hangs on my IMAP inbox from
> both Runbox (which I have now left) and Spam Arrest (which I now use).
> Every other folder comes up fine, but the when I click on the Inbox I
> get the KMail splash screen that says it's retrieving mail...forever. I
> can't get into my inbox.
>
> Anyone have any ideas where I should look for troubleshooting this?
>
> Thanks!

First step is to be patient.  If you have a LARGE volume of messages, it might
take some time to retrieve all the message headers.  Also, KMail might be
applying spam-assassin to the incoming messages as well (depends on whether
you enabled that option in Kmail).

Secondly, check the logs on your server - see if you are getting any errors
authenticating.  If so, check KMail and make sure you have the security
settings correct (I like to just use the "See what the server supports"
button and accept the recommended settings.

Beyond that, I don't know what else to try.... anyone?