[clug-talk] Kolab

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 30 18:11:01 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 18:41, Jon wrote:
> I had it installed without error, but I couldn't get the admin interface
> to pick up on the port I specified. I changed the Listen to port 550
> (randomly selected) but it would never pick up. I did make the change in
> the template and ran kolab config afterwards.

what does netstat -tlp say?
what do the apache logs in /kolab/var/log/ say?

> I'm running several sites with apache2 on port 80 already if that matters.

what about the ssl port?

> There are a couple of things that I'm unclear on, though. First is the
> master/slave thing. Do I need a slave?

no. not unless you need a hot-fail-over system

> Second, is my TLD good enough for the master TLD or do I have to ad a
> subdomain to it?

should be ok. it's recommended mostly as a best practices thing from what i
understand.

> Lastly, certificates. Do I need one? I don't know anything about how to
> answer those questions during the install.

no. let it generate them for you.

> I have to say, for such a robust application I'm quite surprised that
> I've been unable to stumble across any install documentation other than
> the three lines on the kolab site or in the doc.

yeah. the people making kolab are a little end-user clueless at times =)

btw.. check this out: