[clug-talk] Fwd: Online Calendar/Todo Sync with KDE?

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Tue May 30 09:38:53 PDT 2006

I'm aware of your aversion to challenge/response. I use it for the exact same
reasons that you decry it. I get 150+ legitimate emails a day and about 100+
more spam emails. I simply can't sift my way through it.

I go to great, great pains to ensure that everyone I correspond with is on my
whitelist, but occasionally someone emails me out of the blue from an address
that I cannot possibly be expected to foresee as was the case with you. In
order to ensure that I get those emails, I browse my trapped folder a couple
of times a day. In short, I am a responsible challenge/response user.

Your ire is better directed at the irresponsible users of challenge/response.
As is the case with many tools, it can be used corrcetly or incorrectly. I've
written about the correct way to use challenge/response and the incorrect way
to use it on my blog. If you're interested (bottom couple of paragraphs):
http://jonwatson.ca/node/850

So pffffft at you!

:)

--