[clug-talk] Sporadic Resume Problems

Gustin Johnson gustin at echostar.ca
Sun May 28 23:02:00 PDT 2006

Ok, after a weekend of suspend/resume (I have not actually shutdown the
laptop since I installed the new kernel at work on Friday), I am now a
fan.   I have not had a single failure.  Sometimes I was connected with
a wired lan, or the ndiswrapper WLAN nic, or sometimes not at all.
Sometimes the AC was connected, sometimes not (I tried to randomize this
as much as possible).  I tried having USB devices connected, as well as
PCMCIA devices, but nothing seemed to make a difference.

So, I am not sure that I can really help since I can't seem to replicate
the problem.

I do have to manually suspend the laptop since I purposely disabled the
suspend on lid close option (moving from room to room does not warrant a
full suspend) in the bios.

The only thing I can think of is to try a newer kernel.