[clug-talk] laptop recommendations

Dave Watkins - CLUG President at CLUG.ca
Sun May 28 21:38:59 PDT 2006

Not so, a recovery initiated from CD/DVD will restore to the first available
partition of any size.

Dave

  _____

From: Mitchell Brown [mailto:mbgb14 at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 6:08 PM
To: CLUG General
Subject: Re: [clug-talk] laptop recommendations

If you
have two partitions, C and D for example, only the C partition will be
rewritten.

As far as I understand, the C can *only* be replaced if its
size/checksum/appearence is *exactly* that of what it was when it was
purchased. The technology used to recover the drive is not by Acer, but it
is actually Norton Ghost (blah!!!). I don't think its possible to restore it
once you've resized the C: