[clug-talk] configure printer

Gustin Johnson gustin at echostar.ca
Sun May 28 20:07:51 PDT 2006

Michael Walters wrote:
> Hello Gustin,
>
> I have highlighted in green among other things at /etc/init.d$
> cupsys and cupsys.dpkg-new . Should I su and remove cupsys.dpkg-new and
> then run /etc.init.d/cupsys restart and then do a cat
> /var/log.cups/error_log to see the details of any errors just as you
> suggest? or should I just do /etc/init.d/cupsys restart exactly as you
> suggest without removeing cupsys.dpkg-new and then do a cat
> /var/log/cups/error_log to see the details of any errors exactly as you
> suggest?
>
> The reason I was thinking that I should remove cupsys.dpkg-new is that I
>   believe I got my printer problems running dkpg when I should not have.

The dpkg.new means that dpkg detected the new version is different from
the old.  The dpkg.new file is not harming anything and can be kept as is.

Just run the existing file (since that is what is happening on boot) and
post the output from the error log.  If it is really long (the log
file), then tail -n60 /var/log/cups/error.log