[clug-talk] Kolab

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Sat May 27 23:56:04 PDT 2006

On Saturday 27 May 2006 20:40, Jesse Kline wrote:
> I'm working on a kolab installation here, and I have a couple questions.
> First of all, it seems to setup a number of different services (https,
> pop3, smtp, imap, ldap, etc.), and I cannot find any documentation as to
> what ports I should open on my firewall to allow all the services to
> run. I'm also not sure if the kolab install configured iptables at all
> so that I could run it in a dmz. My second question is about a web
> interface. The kolab website says that the horde interface is
> experimental, has anyone tried it? I was thinking of running another OS
> in a VM and either installing horde to connect to the Kolab imap server,
> or the horde web interface for Kolab, although I'm not sure if this can
> run on a separate machine or not.

Ports :

SMTP -> 25
HTTP -> 80
IMAP -> 143
LDAP -> 389
HTTPS -> 443
SMTPS -> 465
LDAPSSL -> 636
IMAPS -> 993
POP3S -> 995
SIEVE -> 2000

POP3 -> 110 (optional)

That is standard unless you change the ports to run HTTP on different ports
for Kolab to not conflict with the system http.

Kolab does not do anything to iptables.

There is a stable release of Horde now with Kolab support ... I'll address
that in another email.

You can run it on another machine if you so like.  YMMV

Andy