[clug-talk] KDE 3.5.2 stable on Gentoo

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Sat May 27 13:11:20 PDT 2006

On Saturday 27 May 2006 13:57, Ian Bruseker wrote:
> Along with swearing at my computer, I was soon going to ask the list
> if anyone was running 3.5.x on Gentoo to find out if I should just
> throw caution to the wind and go ~x86.  Sounds like it might have
> worked out.  Oh well, it's all there now.  :-)

I've been running 3.5.2 for some time now (I went the ~x86 route).  I have no
complaints about KDE at all.  I am experiencing some issues, but I think that
has more to do with either a messed up config, or previous "damage" I've done
playing with the system.  Either way, the culprit is me, not KDE or Gentoo's
install of it.

But, My box has gone from KDE 3.3 to 3.4 to 3.5.0 to 3.5.1 to 3.52, without
being rebuilt.  Other components have been updated in a similar manner.  So I
think it's probably getting time for me to clear my harddrive and start over.
A weekend project sometime this summer... :)

As for KDE, it does a fantasic job for what I need to do, and just keeps
getting better.  3.5.2 is great.  I can't wait till 4.