[clug-talk] Convert photo to line drawing

Ian Bruseker ian.bruseker at gmail.com
Fri May 26 08:08:58 PDT 2006

On 5/26/06, Roy Souther <roy at silicontao.com> wrote:

>  Anyone know if gimp or some other program can convert a JPG photo to a line drawing. I seem to  recall doing this in gimp 1 but cannot remember how or what to look for in gimp 2 and the online documentation does not have a  search feature.

You mean like this?  http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Sketch_Effect/

Ian

p.s. No website actually needs an search feature.  That's what Google
is for.  ;-)  In the search box, just add +site:www.gimp.org (or
whatever domain you're searching) to the rest of your query.  I
searched for "filter +site:www.gimp.org" to find that URL (searching
for "line drawing" gave me nothing useful).

p.p.s. <threadjack> Has anyone noticed more posts here lately have
been about how to use Google than about how to use Linux?  Just
sayin'.  And yes, I realize I've just contributed to that. :-)
</threadjack>