[clug-talk] [OT] [hardware] dc power adapter

Mark Carlson carlsonmark at gmail.com
Thu May 25 09:39:25 PDT 2006

On 5/25/06, Kin Wong <kwong at csa-pdk.com> wrote:
> Power adapter for a black box router - I have determined that the power
> supply though had the right voltage likely does not work under load.
> Thus I would like to try out another adapter.  I need a 5V positive
> center regulated adapter - probably rated for 1.5A
>
> I have not dealt with component suppliers for a number of years now so I
> have lost touch.  I have tried MRO - some variety but no stock on
> regulated supplies.  Any recommendations?

I have one in my hand right now (2.6A), it was purchased at... looking
it up... MRO... d'oh!

You could also phone up B&E if you haven't tried there yet
http://www.be-electronics.ca/ (its a 5 or 6 minute walk from where I
am right now, I could pick it up and bring it to PROGSIG if you'd
like... and if they have one...)
Or Active http://active-tech.ca (its right by MRO in the NE)

-Mark