[clug-talk] Freifunk (wireless mesh) in Calgary

simon simon at mungewell.org
Thu May 25 08:41:23 PDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 08:35:47AM -0700, Kin Wong wrote:
> Darren's post of http://www.linksysinfo.org/ says otherwise.  I have to
> say "Thanks" because retrospectively I avoided the WRT54g model because
> of the potential problem, I just bought 2 WRT54g on the word of the
> group and now that I have followed the posted link I am :-) and will be
> absolutely estatic once I get it working.

Well I'm impressed by your confidence (I got one too :-). There is
actually a fair ammount of work to get Freifunk working in the reduced
foot print.

I downloaded it to the Ver4 router I brought and think that it's overly
complicated for the average user. Who should just be able to plug in and
go.

> Are the plans still to have a get together today?  Where and when?  I am
> hoping to pass a recorder to someone going to the meeting for those of
> us that won't be able to make it.

DeVry at 7.00. I'll pop home and pick up an MP3 player - but I don't
know whether it's really a presentation. Just a discussion about where
'we' might go and the first few steps to get there.

Simon