[clug-talk] Freifunk (wireless mesh) in Calgary

Kin Wong kwong at csa-pdk.com
Thu May 25 08:35:47 PDT 2006

I fell into this trap when I was looking for a wireless router
replacement -- I stumbled onto http://www.seattlewireless.net/ and their
site said to avoid version 5 of WRT54g as the OS was VxWorks - not
upgradable and unstable.

Darren's post of http://www.linksysinfo.org/ says otherwise.  I have to
say "Thanks" because retrospectively I avoided the WRT54g model because
of the potential problem, I just bought 2 WRT54g on the word of the
group and now that I have followed the posted link I am :-) and will be
absolutely estatic once I get it working.

Are the plans still to have a get together today?  Where and when?  I am
hoping to pass a recorder to someone going to the meeting for those of
us that won't be able to make it.