[clug-talk] Freifunk (wireless mesh) in Calgary

Darren L xlr8me at gmail.com
Wed May 24 16:53:36 PDT 2006

I had thought that most routers used the standard "diversity antena"
approach and just compared the signal levels on the two antennae, choosing
one based on the stronger Rx signal?  Is there a way to tell which one is
used for Tx?

You guys ever tried the DIY cardboard approach to building a parabolic
reflector?
http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template/
http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/

I saw several dB gain by carrying one of those chinese skimmer dishes back
in the day before I had an internal wifi card....  Worked great!  It was
definitely worth the looks that I was getting from passers-by