[clug-talk] OT: Warning

Nick Wiltshire nick at customdesigns.ca
Wed May 24 15:59:23 PDT 2006

>    - Your browser opening thousands of windows

Didn't happen to me - my popup blocker (the built in one for ff) was
sufficient to stop it.

>    - Your mail client opening thousands of windows

Didn't happen to me because I don't have a mail client set up to receive
hyperlinks. I just right click, copy address, proceed.

>    - Gay porno flashing in your browser

Core, simple JS.

>    - Your speakers unmuting and yelling "Hey, I'm looking at gay porno!!"

I turned my volume down in kmix & muted it. It was unable to change either
setting.

>    - The browsers moving all over so it was impossible to close them

# kill `ps -e | grep firefox | awk '{print $1}'`

>    - In Windows, being unable to End Task them

and you wonder why we all use Linux?

>    - Your clipboard being stolen

Mine was untouched.

The guy that wrote this needs a life about as much as those guys that used JS
to close your browser if you weren't using IE.

From a security perspective, I can't see anything being used that would be
able to compromise a machine. Get you in trouble at work? Perhaps. So stop
surfing and get to work you bunch of slackers.

:) given the semi-heated nature of this thread, I now insert my obligatory
smilies :) so everyone knows I'm not attempting to flame/bash/condemn. Except
for my comment about the author of this code...

Nick