[clug-talk] OT: Warning

Mitchell Brown mbgb14 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 08:31:19 PDT 2006

<snip>

Thanks for umm, dare I say, defending me Gustin? :)
This is exactly what I was trying to do -- warn people.
I could totally get how that could happen on a Windows machine, but not on
Linux - it just seems. Kinda farfetched.
You know how you hear on the news "NEVER OPEN WEBSITES YOU MAY GET IN
EMAILS! THEY COULD DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER!" Well, I've been on computers for
10 years and never seen anything like that.

So yeah, sorry to anyone who I offended - but maybe now, instead of clicking
a link from someone who gives it to you, you'll think twice.

PS:  Gustin, how did you manage to get to the source code? No matter what I
did it just kept multiplying like some sort of cascade-virus (hey I like
that, sounds kinda cliche. Cascade virus).