[clug-talk] OT: Work table selection [Solved!]

Curtis Rempel curtis at enigma-logic.ca
Wed May 24 07:46:10 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 23:04, Shawn wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 May 2006 22:58, Mark Carlson wrote:
> > Top-posting with original problem at the end:
> >
> > I ended up going the DIY route and made a bench out of Unistrut and
> > stained 3/4" birch plywood.
>
> Looks pretty professional, $500 bucks you say?  Want to build another?  :)
>
> Shawn

A very nice job indeed!  As for myself, not possessing the craftsmanship
skills required (nor time), I went the IKEA route.

See:  http://tinyurl.com/8a72o

It's the same basic design, holds less weight (max 75 kg), but at $179, the
price was right.  I currently have two 17" CRTs and keyboards on the table
part and 2 x NetVista desktops (from vfxweb) and a printer on the upper
shelf. with no problems.  I like the side metal columns with holes from top
to bottom which makes it easy to mount power bars etc. on either side.

My two cents ...