[clug-talk] OT: Warning

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Wed May 24 04:51:22 PDT 2006

I agree with Shawn. At the very least this post should be labelled Not
Safe For Work (NSFW) if it screams something about porn through the
speakers.

On an more general note, I used to have the CLUG mailing list filtered
directly into its own mailbox which I would peruse at my leisure. I
learned that what this really meant is that I just don't read it all. I
stopped filtering it a couple of weeks ago and have genuinely started to
enjoy and participate in the conversation more.

However, I think I'm going to have to start to filter it again. There
are far too many multi-thread conversations about things that are
utterly unrelated to CLUG (I'm not referring to this post as I agree
that this is at least arguable). The placement of 'OT' in the subject
should not give one carte blanche to talk about anything under the sun.
There are times when this list turns into a general chat room which
undermines its use and function.

My 0.02